Today was my last day off of barn before I leave, and it really is marvelous to feel as if 7:30 is sleeping in. Although not exactly wonderful that that is the amount of sleep you then get...but anyways.
I only had two classes today since it's Wednesday, and in poetry I managed to finish my power point for my presentation tomorrow, and the rest of my afternoon was basically spent on writing the notes, albeit distractedly, which I shall now proceed to complete. It's getting pretty sad to think about leaving, especially since I have made friends with a lot of the people here. However, going on with the day, in ceramics I finished glazing the piece I had begun yesterday, and then glazed two more pieces. I'm excited to see how they'll all turn out since the glazes look entirely different before being fired. Tomorrow I should be able to finish the bowl I'm working on right now, along with the elephant mask, though I'll probably have to go in during my afternoon activity block, but that isn't a problem since all the other students have work job training tomorrow in preparation for their new jobs in the second semester when they return from Thanksgiving break. Today was slightly exciting due to the fact that there was no water until about 3 o'clock since Putney's water system has been being replaced for the first time in about 60 years, and today was the day when they switched off the old system to turn on the new. Unfortunately, everything has been muddy as a result of all the construction, but hopefully that will be fixed soon since they've already reseeded the grass.
After classes, I generally sat about with friends and hung out, very lazy as usual, though Max and I made it to the KDU to get some tea (they had Chai today, which was a treat) and bread for snack, and then the staff was very lovely and gave us some cake as well. I wound up not going to dinner at the KDU tonight either since one of my friends, Alonda, and her roommate had ordered Chinese food from Brattleborough and invited me to share it with them, so we had a little dinner party on the floor of their room. Tomorrow is the last full day of classes, since Friday is March of the Turkeys, and though I can't tell if we have classes Saturday, even if we do they're only in the morning anyways. Starting to take more pictures in order to keep the memories too!
No comments:
Post a Comment