Thursday, November 8, 2012

Let It Snow Let It Snow Let It Snow

Today in barn I was positively freezing, but thankfully we had our first snow of the year.  It came during Sing, which is the school wide singing session that faced a wall to windows, and when the first flakes began to fall everyone began to cheer. It was great, until we realized that it was more sleet than snow and it never stuck, and then everyone was fairly upset. Anyways, I'm upset about the lack of sow, it excited for this weekend because there will be a coffee house. It sounds as if it's much more elaborate than MV's, even has a theme, which is gambling. I'm excited for it because a lot of my friends will be performing in it, and since everyone here is rather horridly talented, the show ought to be pretty amazing.

But today I had Existentialism, where we chose a play to read and teach to the class form modern theatre, and I wound up in a group that's reading Rhinoceros by Ionesco, which seems to be every bit as confusing as Waiting for Godot at this point, we'll see. Then I had American Studies, which was interesting because it was our first class since the elections and we got to go through all the states and their results, which was fun. It's interesting to be from Ohio in Vermont during the elections because it's a swing state that gets much more attention than Vermont, which is very solidly democratic. After lunch I had poetry, and I'm now at the point where I shall be writing a rough draft of my essay over the weekend, which ought to be fun. I had jazz for my afternoon activity, and there was quite a bit of excitement due to the fact tat we've organized an exchange with the boy's soccer team so that we do their warmup and they take a bit of a class, which ought to turn out to be pretty amusing. W had sit down dinner tonight, which happens Mondays and Thursdays, where the seniors wait on the res to father school at dinner style meal rather than the buffet that we typically have. It's generally pretty fun, though the vegetarian option is never as good as with normal meals. Also, we got to eat the apple pie we peeled the apples for in American Studies on Tuesday, which added to the enjoyment. In fiber arts I can now see the end of my scarf, which is reassuring because it means I will almost certainly be able to actually finish it before I return home. Well, not much more to report, seeing as I am off to read my American Studies homework, which consists of reader Tinker vs. Des Moines and writing a case briefing for it. I ought to be jut tons of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment