I'm terribly sorry about not posting last night. Last night was slightly insane and dramatic due to some of the actions of the students, and as a result The blogpost managed to completely slip my mind. Anyways, yesterday was, yet again, quite balmy. I think we're experiencing a bit if an Indian summer here in southern Vermont, and I both hope that it will end to bring in the snow, and that it'll continue so that we can enjoy the great outdoors.
The cows were lovely as ever yesterday, though there was some slight insubordination in the ranks as a result of a couple of students shirking their responsibilities. There is also a calf who seems to have decided that it is quite amusing to head butt me while I'm scraping out its stall, and the play became slightly annoying yesterday, but another student gave me the tip to whack them in the shins when they do that.....so I might be armed, even though that sounds awfully unpleasant. The explanation for this behavior is, I believe, that the way they get more milk to fall into their mother's pouch is by head butting it, and so the calves occasionally do that to humans as well when their hungry, though it doesn't exactly yield reinforcing results. My first class of the day was poetry, where we workshopped my rather horrible draft of an essay, and determined that I will be presenting my project on Thursday.....which I can't say that I feel horridly prepared for, but we'll see. After the first class we had assembly, which I don't think I have managed to mention on here before, but is much more formal than MV's assembly, and is more similar to our soapboxes because they generally have presentations along with announcements. I think they get around having announcements every day by having this mass email system called Community Comments that sends messages to the whole school . Anyways, these occur Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, and there's an semblance where we all sing on Thursdays. But yesterday's presentation was by a foreign exchange student on Japan, and the also speeches made by students running for dorm head, which is a position that coordinates dorm life and weekend activities. After that, I had ceramics, where I presented my elephant head that I had made as an African mask, and got to see everyone else's masks and the story behind the culture and tribe that they had based it off of, which was very interesting to hear about. After lunch, I had existentialism, where we spoke about the play Tango in preparation for our own presentations of plays of modern theatre.
I spent the rest of my afternoon helping a friend to film her movie for her final film in her class, which was very fun, but required quite a bit of running around campus in order to find costumes for her rather specific artistic vision. Dinner was sit down, where the seniors acted as waiters, and was quite good. They served squash lasagna and pesto. The night was mildly insane due to some students getting in trouble, but I think it will all pan out alright. The kids are going to Standards to get their verdict today (the day after I ought to have written this post).
No comments:
Post a Comment