Sunday, November 4, 2012
Lazy Sundays
So, I dare say that the only day that practically nothing happens at Putney is Sunday, which was a nice change, but has also been quite long. I woke up at my normal time this morning in order to go to barn, which I didn't miss today despite anxieties with day-light savings, and we took care of the cows and all the normal jobs. However, today I stayed much later than is normal, which was partly due to the fact that the pigs were loaded onto a truck in order to be taken off to be butchered today. I didn't much like the pigs when I had to take care of them, but their screams were, none the less, quite traumatizing. They were very violent in their protestations, and I dare say that it was my least favorite things that I've done at Putney. After barn, I showered and did a little bit of brainstorming for a short-story in Existentialism, since Sundays have brunch instead and breakfast and lunch, and that doesn't begin until 9, leaving me with quite a chunk of time on my hands. After brunching for about an hour, I went back to Huseby, the dorm, and sat in the common room finishing my brainstorming, and then migrated upstairs to my room to read the Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass for AP Composition at MV, and got about halfway finished with it. I had intended to read Uncle Tom's Cabin, but realized that a 500 page novel on top of the school work and activities of Putney was slightly overambitious. At this point, I have read one assignment for APUSH and the reading for English. After that, I went to another girl's room and we all lazed about for a few hours until she realized that she needed to do a photography shop, which we then all helped her with. The one other slight adventure of today was my first time doing laundry, which allowed me to wash the old-lady smell out of my thrift store purchases, leaving them ready for wear this week, which I am terribly excited about. That brings us up to dinner, which I just got back from. The main excitement of that was the fact that we have ice cream on Sundays, which caused a bit of a scramble, and the mint chocolate chip proved itself to be well worth it despite the hard fought struggle. Now I am on to actually writing the story for Existentialism, which is supposed to creatively portray my understanding of The Stranger, a book that I have speed read to catch up with the rest of the class.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment