So, today I had one of my first misfortunes at Putney... Which involved not resetting my alarm for AM Barn. Seeing as I then work up at 7:15, I completely missed it, and have yet to discover the consequences, which will likely involve some form of make up work. Anyways, it's no use eying over spilt milk, and hopefully it won't happen again.... But the more exciting part of today was going to Brattleborough after having Saturday morning classes, which were Existentialism and American Studies. We finished reading Waiting for Godot, which was good even if it was also completely absurd, and then in American Studies we took a quiz, which was fairly easy even though I hadn't studied most of the subject matter with the class.
But anyways, after lunch there was an excursion to Brattleborough, VT, which is a very quaint little town about 15 minutes away from Putney. I went with another girl, Alonda, and a few sophomores who we met in the bus there. There was a giant thrift store there, and I found two pretty great sweaters, along with a button down shirt that was printed all over with pictures of old bicycles, which was a lot of fun. After the thrift store, we walked down the street to a Chinese restraint, where Alonda ordered some food, and then went to this amazing bakery. Though a lot of people don't like the food at the KDU, I find it to be pretty good; however, there coffee is awful. Fortunately, the coffee at Amy's Bakery was wonderful, and the slice of hazelnut chocolate cake was extraordinary as well, despite the fact that its large size is now coming back to make me feel slightly ill. Anyways, that is my experience with Putney on the weekends so far, and seeing as tomorrow is our only complete day off, it is to be hoped that it will be even more relaxing, particularly given that I do, in fact, have a sizable amount of homework to do, both for Putney and MVCDS.
No comments:
Post a Comment