I realize today is no longer Thursday, but time sort of escaped me and I'm not entirely sure where it went, which seems to have been happening increasingly all week a my departure looms. However, I shall now be writing two posts in order to cover this.
Well, yesterday, I went to AM barn and was welcomed by the pleasant prospect of getting to go to Dunkin' Donuts as an end of the trimester treat for the crew. We got all of the chores finished very quickly and managed to leave by 7 to drive into town, however, we didn't return until 8, leaving me with no time to shower and barely enough time to change and get to class on time. When I got to class, y first one was Existentialism and we heard about other's strange modern plays and the absurdity of them. After that, we had sing, my last one, which was as enthusiastic as ever, though some seniors boycotted it because the director and they had had a slight misunderstanding, and so did not come, cutting back on quite a bit of the enthusiasm. After that, I had ceramics, where I glazed some more pieces. I'm nervous about seeing how they'll turn out.... Friday is also the last day for glazing. We also continued reading Angels in America, which is a fascinating play that is very well written and brings up controversial topics very well, but I think the teacher isn't doing as much with it as she could. Regardless, I'm enjoying it immensely. I had my presentation for poetry, and made it through despite some technical difficulties. Due to my computer's old age, is was unable to connect to the projector, and the version of office I have was not compatible with other's computers. As a result, we spent about half an hour working on it, and ended in a PDF file that we emailed to other students to look at on their computers. I managed to make my way through it with no further mishap, and I think the power point and presentation went across quite well.
During the afternoon there were no activities because of work job training for the next trimester, so I went to work in the ceramics studio. Since my elephant was not yet out of the bisque firing, I finished my other pieces and then did a bit of throwing, which didn't go too well but I think was an improvement from my first failure of an attempt. I'm going to miss working in ceramics every day.
Anyways, after dinner I had fiber arts, and finished weaving my scarf! It was extraordinarily exciting. Milissa took it home with her in order to wash it, and I get it to keep on Friday. March of the Turkeys, Putney's version of thanksgiving, is tomorrow and I'm quite excited.
No comments:
Post a Comment