Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Election Day



(Us watching the election)
Well, as I write this post I am sitting in a large auditorium with about a fourth of the school, everyone cheering for Obama and booing Romney. Vermont has been established as an extremely liberal state, even if I didn't know it before. It's a lot of fun to be here for election da because everyone is very involved in politics and well informed, and I dare say that the experience of watching the election wil be one that I remember forever.

However, besides the obvious excitement about the impending fate of our nation, today was fairly normal. I did manage to miss barn again....which is fairly awkward, I set my alarm to pm instead of am, and hence did not wake up. Despite that, I didn't get in any major trouble, and have managed to make it through the day and will still have my day off tomorrow, so that's a plus. Anyways, my first class today was American Studies, and since our apple pie won the mock election n the school used to demonstrate the electoral college, we got to peel and chop apples for the pie we're having on Thursday. After that, I had poetry, in which we split up into groups in order to discuss our projects. After lunch I had ceramics, in which we are teaming up with the African History class to build tribal masks, and we began to gather ideas for designs today. In excited to begin actually building them tomorrow. For my afternoon activity I had ballet, and I thought it was pretty good. I feel like I'm getting a little out of shape though. For the most part, today's been fun, and I look forward to seeing Ohio turnips poll in on the election. Also, for my scarf to be finished in Fiber arts, seeing as I got a lot of it finished tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment